Belated Happy Easter

>> Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Easter!  So we decorated eggs.....

Set the table for a fabulous Easter Sunday brunch with friends and family...

Endured a hilarious easter egg hunt complete with winter parkas and hurricane force winds (sorry no pics).  We finally come to my deadline Easter knitting for my babes.  Easter bunnies for my kiddos and a pink button accessory so my kids can tell the girl bunny from the boy bunny.

A purple jumper for her and a red hoodie for him.  It's a fantastic pattern with more clothes for the rabbits to wear.  I was informed by a certain five year old that they really need socks because their feet were going to get cold.  Oh and wouldn't it be fun if they had hats with holes for their ears.  Oh and mommy could you knit....   I'm sure you get the picture :)

I used this pattern, scrap yarn and had lots of fun.  Well I had fun once they were done and there were smiles and thanks from my kids.  During the actual knitting?  Umm....you might have been able to hear a few naughty words from my bedroom late at night while I knitted as fast as my hands/abilities would allow to finish them.  Honestly it wasn't the knitting that was difficult it was the faces.  I don't even want to tell you  how many times I cut out wonky nose and mouth lines only to sew them back on just as wonky as they were the first time. 'Sigh', hopefully my embroidery skills will improve with time and practice.  Hope your week is going well!

18 comments:

knithound brooklyn April 7, 2010 at 6:08 PM  

You know what? They are great - really really great. No wonder the kiddies are so enamored!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: April 7, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

They are adorable!!! Embroidery is a bit tricky on a knit surface, but gets easier with practice :) I'm sure there will be more bunnies in your future!

Love your pretty Easter eggs. I generally try and do that each year, but this year time just slipped by so I particularly enjoyed yours!

stitching under oaks April 8, 2010 at 4:33 AM  

these are adorable! you did a fantastic job...I'm sure they were the hit of the day. love their cutie little outfits too!

5orangepotatoes April 8, 2010 at 6:26 AM  

Darling bunnies! I wouldn't even know know where to start to make one. No knitting skills whatsoever. Maybe someday I will discipline myself and learn.

lisa

ColorSlut April 8, 2010 at 6:53 AM  

Looks like a great easter!

Anonymous April 8, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

so fun! The eggs are gorgeous! My kids wish we got passover baskets....

thea, not maya

Kathy... April 8, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

Oh...such adorable little bunnies! I've already bought the pattern for next year! Thanks for sharing.

Imene April 8, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

The bunnies are too cute. I will jot down the pattern for next Easter. Too cute!

Unknown April 8, 2010 at 4:37 PM  

Those bunnies rock! They are so cute. I'm about to start on a birthday gift making binge. Hopefully without swearing...

Renee April 9, 2010 at 4:50 AM  

Happy belated Easter to you too. Pretty coloured eggs.
The bunnies and sweaters are adorable!!!!

Jane April 9, 2010 at 5:43 AM  

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! Love the bunnies!

M.E. Greene April 9, 2010 at 10:21 AM  

Wonkiness and knitting are, unfortunately, frequent friends. But they turned out fabulous! :)

MadMad April 9, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

Oh, they are soooo cute - really! You are such a good mommy, making those for your kids. They're awesome! (I'm all, no, I only knit for ME, ME, ME. And some more ME.)

Anonymous April 10, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

Adorable bunnies! And the would look cute with socks ; ) Happy belated Easter!

Needles And Ewe April 10, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

The bunnies are so cute. I love the clothes and all the detail.
Too bad there are no Easter parka pictures...the picture in my mind is a funny one! Even here in California it was a cold Easter, though admittedly only sweaters and jackets instead of parkas.

Larissa April 11, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

Your bunnies are so cute! you did a wonderful job with the expressions on their faces. I have not knit stuffies for my kids but i'm sure they would love some. so glad you're posting again!

periwinkle April 23, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

looks like they got their knitted bunnies after all lol. Oh and I hate doing faces too ...

Unknown October 28, 2015 at 5:59 AM  

黑蒜
黑蒜功效
黑蒜沖泡飲
黑蒜粒
黑蒜飲

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP