Some mitts for my girl

>> Thursday, January 28, 2010

Well after the flurry of mitt knitting last May my daughter requested some for her. So what was I to do but cast on.

They have been approved for all sorts of activities like bike riding
Potion making
And some unapproved activities like painting at a friends house :)
And of course after I knit up one pair she requested another and another and another. I am expecting to have a rainbow of colors knit up very soon for her.

Here is the link. It is a free pattern and incredibly fast and easy to knit. I used Cascade 220 superwash, a superb fiber for children knits. Both pairs have been washed and dried (in the dryer) many times and are holding up beautifully.
P.S. The yarn I used for my newsboy cap was Blue Sky Alpacas 100% alpaca sportweight. Luscious yarn.

16 comments:

Jessica January 28, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

I love Cascade for almost everything (who am I kidding--everything!). Those mitts are great!

Thea January 28, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

am totally amused by the potion making. In quite the cup, too....

Trisha Jones January 28, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

Don't be offended, but I love that she got paint on one of them. I mean, she wore them when she was with friends, while she was having fun with friends... that means she loves them! I haven't used Cascade 220 yet but I do know it comes in about 14 bazillion colors, and that is surely enticing.

Chris January 28, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

Beautiful mitts! I love Cascade for my kids' knits. I also LOVE the entire ensemble she is wearing!

Yarnhog January 28, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

Those are so cute! I would make some for my boys if I thought they would wear them. Maybe I'll make some for my mom instead. ;)

Charity January 28, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

These are so sweet! I have a pair of these blocking right now for my own little girly - a fun knit!

stitching under oaks January 29, 2010 at 4:33 AM  

oh my middle child has asked for a pair of these..I need to finish up some projects and start them for her. yours turned out just wonderful...it's so great that your daughter is loving what you've knit for her!

Gigi January 29, 2010 at 6:39 AM  

Those are so cute! Thanks so much for sharing the link. Think I'll make some for my granddaughter.
Blessings,
G

affectioknit January 29, 2010 at 7:40 AM  

Awesome mitts - and what could be better than pink and purple...

Woolly Stuff January 29, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

how pretty - I like the two purples together - the mitts and her sleeves!

MadMad January 29, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

Potion making! Awesome! Love the mitts - they're in my queue now and my daughter thanks you!

Anonymous January 31, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

Adorable! She's quite the stylish young lady!

Cloudberry February 1, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

So cute!!

Kristyn Knits February 1, 2010 at 7:01 PM  

lovely!! have to visit the link and knit some up for surprise gifts!!

ColorSlut February 3, 2010 at 6:45 AM  

Have you thought about going through your stash and figuring out how much yarn you have?? :)

Renee March 26, 2010 at 5:39 AM  

Well used, well loved, warm hands. Love!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP