Balance

>> Monday, August 24, 2009

Things behind the blog have been a bit hectic lately. I have been trying to find some balance. I have noticed a shift in many areas of my life. A feeling of being overwhelmed and not nurturing myself.


I am hoping to shift my focus and attention and find appreciation and gratitude. Maybe try to slow down a little. Quit seeing the half empty and try to see the half full. I think a bit more selfishness on my part is required. Conscious selfishness. Conscious living.

My camera hasn't been touched in the last few weeks with the exception of the picture from the last post. I have recipes to share and projects waiting in the wings but the lack of energy. So I am kicking off 30 days. 30 days to look at the beautiful things in my life and maybe even the not so beautiful. My Days need some balance and I think my spirit needs a little nourishing. Do I sound like an Oprah show? It's just that I never thought I would wake up in my early thirties feeling tired, drained, and a little bit unrecognizable to myself. I think this has been looming on the horizon for awhile and I am just finally admitting it to myself. So here goes 30 days of my life for me to try and really see my life and appreciate all that's good. Hopefully you won't be too bored for the ride.....and yes there will still be knitting thrown in :)

9 comments:

Jessica August 26, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

It sounds like an absolutely perfect 30 days. I've felt the same way lately. I'm practicing the slowing down and appreciating more style myself and it makes me quite happy indeed!

Renee August 26, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

What a great idea, I'm looking forward to visiting with you through your 30 day journey.
I've felt unbalanced and lacking a centre since spring as well, just starting to feel that even keel and it's such a relief. Oddly instead of cutting back it was adding a new hobby that is bringing me back to myself and getting me feeling creative and balanced again. I hope 30 day photo brings you peace and enjoyment.

stitching under oaks August 26, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

Andrea, it sounds like a journey well worth taking. I'll be looking forward to peeking in as you share your travels. I think it's wise to nurture yourself...both for you and for your family.

MadMad August 26, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

Oh, don't beat yourself up or feel guilty about it - I think the thirties were all about being tired and drained. I swear - it can be really exhausting, this mommy thing. And not just physically... LOVE your pics, though, and can't wait to see 30 days of them. That walkway one is soo cool. And of course I love flowers, too. It'll be fun!

Pom Pom August 26, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

You should buy a composition book and document your thirty days. Draw pictures, make collages, paste stickers, watercolor, copy poems, and write. Celebrate what you love. Draw yourself and label parts (don't forget your heart and soul) on the first day and then do it again on the 30th day. See the difference. Reflect. Best wishes.

Heather August 26, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

I have had everyone of the feelings that you have just described (and still do), and I thank you for sharing it.

I wish you much peace, joy and clarity in the next 30 days, and beyond

Woolly Stuff August 27, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

It doesn't sound selfish at all! If you're not feeling happy or centred or nourished, how will you possibly be able to give to others?!

Knitterella August 27, 2009 at 3:56 AM  

My your spirit be fully nourished!

Alison August 27, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

Have a wonderful & blessed 30 days!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP