Easter Sweater

>> Saturday, April 25, 2009

I finished the Easter sweater in time for my daughter to wear it Easter morning but umm...it was so hot Easter that we got sunburned from being outside. The sweater sat in her bedroom awaiting a cool spring morning. Luckily we had some this weekend.
It is the Jacket with Ribbed Yoke from Family Knits by Debbie Bliss. A favorite pattern book of mine with beautiful knits for everyone (as it is titled Family Knits) :).

I made a few very minor modifications. I don't understand why as lovely as Debbie Bliss patterns are everything is knit as one piece. This sweater is a simple one and I didn't understand why everything had to be knit separately but also flat and then seamed together. I abhor seaming so I knit the body back and forth instead of three separate panels. I picked up stitches at the shoulder and knit the sleeve in the round until I got a length I wanted.

As per the pattern the collar was knit using short row shaping which I had never done before. Loved it. I used jaeger roma yarn and size 6 needles. It is a little bit roomy through the shoulders but still looks cute on her.

And it wouldn't be a finished off post for us without some running shots.


Up next for me is this. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

Chris April 25, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

Gorgeous!!!She looks like she loves it. Lucky girl!

Woolly Stuff April 26, 2009 at 3:12 AM  

I love how your daughter is always running. It's too cute.

Renee April 26, 2009 at 6:26 AM  

Great Easter sweater, love the colour.
Your daughter is adorable!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: April 26, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

It's absolutely precious on her! I agree with you ~ I'm not sure why patterns that are simple in construction don't recommend you knit in the round until armhole shaping. That's typically what I do too.

Love the running pictures!

affectioknit April 26, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

It's just lovely - I love the color!

Kristyn Knits April 26, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

she looks beautiful in it!
great work!!

Anonymous April 27, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

It looks adorable on her - such a pretty colour too!

stitching under oaks April 27, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

beautiful Easter sweater. You did a great job!

Ally Jay April 27, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

It looks adorable, just like your daughter. Great action shots

Two Cables and a Frapp April 27, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Very nice ! I love the color you've chosen.

Gigi April 28, 2009 at 6:54 AM  

Great sweater and I love the way you modified the pattern. I really don't like seaming either, but I'm not clever enough to figure out how to do it the way you did -- maybe some day when I grow up and become a real knitter?
Your little one is adorable!

amanda April 29, 2009 at 5:45 AM  

Your little one looks really sweet in this! I wonder how long it will be before Rowan and Debbie Bliss embrace the 'knitting in the round' thing! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP