Wrapping up March

>> Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thank you so much for all the nice comments on my hat. It was very exciting for me to not use a pattern and dip the tip of my toe into designing. I have the pattern up on ravelry and a link to download the pdf on the left sidebar. If you find anything confusing or not clear please let me know so I can fix it. Remember I am a pattern writing novice so I'm looking for some constructive criticism. And for anyone who commented on my daughters hair she doesn't get it from me unfortunately. The color is all her daddy.....I love it too :).

I have had some minor frustrations in the land of knitting. One almost completed sock needed to be frogged (way too big). An Easter cardigan for my daughter that was almost finished and I found an error in my knitting that required pulling the whole thing out AHHHH. Here is my redo knitting of it....so much to go before Easter.

I made Ollie the Octopus from Lion Brand awhile back. I know that it was knit after Christmas but before now....how is that for precise. Ummm....you may notice he has no eyes. Well he has taken up permanent residence in my daughter's bed and I kind of forgot about his eyes. She would like green eyes so maybe someday I'll get around to crocheting his eyes but.....well I also might not.



I whipped this little beanie out sometime in March. The beginning of the month. It is the infamous Turn the Square Beanie by Jared Flood of Brooklyntweed. I used Andean silk yarn from Knit Picks. Not the warmest of yarns but incredibly soft and great for spring. Another hat for my husband who is an avid fisherman and one of his favorite fishing places only allows fishing in the winter. It fills my need for mindless, immediate gratification hat knitting.

Welcome April.....and up next my spring knitting.

11 comments:

affectioknit March 31, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

I love the pattern - thanks so much!

Woolly Stuff March 31, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

what lovely things you've made - sorry to hear about the frogging - I'm about to have to face that too, and soooo not looking forward.

sweetp March 31, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

Love the colours in your turn a square. hope you get the top done by easter xx

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: March 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

How thoughtful to take the time to write up the pattern! As with everything I'm sure pattern writing is a skill that improves the more you do it :)

I hope the sweater goes more smoothly this time around ~ it looks perfect for Easter!

Love your little Octopus ~ so cute.

Renee March 31, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

Thank you for the pattern. :)

I hate frogging, hate, hate, hate. But am finally old/mature/less stubborn to admit when it needs to be done and still I whine to myself. I hope your reknitting goes smoothly and is enjoyable. The yarn and colour look lovely.

Yarnhog March 31, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

Aaaaaah!

I always tell myself that I LOVE knitting, so I shouldn't mind re-knitting when I've had to rip. I don't believe it, but I keep telling myself all the same...

amanda April 1, 2009 at 1:38 AM  

I think if you're anything like me it's entirely possible that you'll still be talking about crocheting those eyes 3 years from now! :D

stitching under oaks April 1, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

that Easter sweater is going to be so nice....I feel your pain with having to have frogged it. so sorry. The turn a square hat is great. That's in my queue as well. Thanks also for the pattern...so nice of you to share your talent.

Mary April 2, 2009 at 5:22 AM  

Love the hat, and sorry about the frogging. That is always very frustrating.

Thea April 2, 2009 at 5:44 AM  

The hat pattern is great -- isn't it fun to post those things? And I love that easter cardigan, it'll be worth the trouble!

PS - don't know if I commented on the quilted bag and bookmark, but those are awesome. Esp the bookmark - I have to tell my quilty friend Carol aout that one!

Chris April 3, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

I have the Family Knits book, too, and am in the midst of making the fair isle cardigan for my daughter. I love the one you made/are about to make again(!), and I plan to make that one, too, so I hope I don't fall into the same trap you did.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP