Happy New Year!

>> Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope you all had a lovely holiday (if you celebrate). I took an unplanned hiatus from blogging, work, and you know my general schedule. It was really nice to completely unplug (metaphorically and physically) from the usual day-to-day. I ate way to much and had a lot of really nice quality family time.

After all the gluttony of the holidays I feel energized and ready to tackle the new year. I don't really have an opinion one way or another about resolutions. I have been catching up on my blog reading this morning and realize that some people are for and some against. I think for me after the lazing about of the holidays I feel very goal oriented. I don't do well with self-imposed deadlines. I hate the stress of it and it removes some of the joy for me. I think I'll just categorize any goals or resolutions as intentions. A little more of the middle road :)

Incidentally I created that little mosaic up there to gather all of my finished knits from 2008 together. I just wanted a visual on what I had accomplished thus far. I have some knitting intentions for 2009. I would like to make a lovely lace shawl, more sweaters, and maybe some socks. I am looking into photography classes because so many of the photographs I see on your blogs are beautiful and inspiring and I would love to learn how to capture that beauty in my own world. I am hoping that in 2009 I can take time to pause and really live in the moment. I feel like I do too much rushing around at times.

I want to thank you for stopping by this spot and sharing a moment with me. This blog was started (under pressure from my sister thank goodness she did) with no idea if I would actually continue with it or not. I read on Leslie's blog from one of her earlier posts that she was a secret blogger. I think she wrote about how to tell people that she made things, took pictures of them, and then posted it on the Internet. Her feeling was that people would say, you do what??? why?? That is exactly how I felt when I first started blogging. Now my blog is something I look forward to visiting and I receive as much joy sharing with you my triumphs and failures as I do from reading about yours. Thank you all for letting me in this world and sharing.

10 comments:

Renee January 6, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

I enjoy visiting your blog, so a big thank you to your sister for getting you started.
Your mosaic is lovely!
Wishing you a very wonderful 2009 and Happy Knitting and blogging!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: January 6, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

What a nice post! I don't work well with deadlines - so prefer your approach of having "intentions." I do think that it is a good idea to think about where you have been and where you are going, as you have.

I didn't see any socks in your mosaic so think that should definitely be on your list!

Anonymous January 6, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Yarnhog January 6, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

Happy New Year!

I don't do resolutions, myself, mostly because when I'm serious about doing something, I just do it. But everyone works differently.

I don't tell anyone I know in person that I blog. My husband knows, and reads my blog, and one neighbor knows, which I will regret forever. I prefer to keep my online life separate from my real life.

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

I don't really do resolutions, at least not in the sense of stuff I want to accomplish. I did decide last year not to knit anything that didn't fit me (ie to spend more time planning before casting on!). I just read on someone's blog that they are only going to knit things that they would actually wear, and I think I may adopt that as my goal for this year.

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

I'm not big on resolutions either. The only thing I definitely want to concentrate on this year is making my knitting neater. I'm going to try to keep to simple classic lines too.

btw...am hoping to do a photography course too.

Philigry January 7, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

love all the projects, and visiting your blog.

Ally Jay January 8, 2009 at 12:42 AM  

Blogging is one of the many ways we women network. I like the idea of being goal orientated without the pressure of a huge deadline to face.

UK lass in US January 9, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

I've only told about 5 people that I blog - usually under interrogation...

Haley January 12, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

i loved seeing all your finished projects from 2008. you made a lot of fun and beautiful things. look forward to seeing more in 2009.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP