My weekend....

>> Sunday, September 18, 2011

Earlier this month Avery celebrated her seventh birthday.  Seven!!  I realize that in seven more years we will be wading thigh deep through teenage parenting.  I swear I was just a twenty-something yesterday with my biggest worry being if my clothes were clean for work and where I would be hanging out with my friends.  Now on my Saturdays I do things like hang a gagillion paper lanterns around my house and make a braid out of yellow streamers that covers the whole upstairs goes out the front door and ends at the curb.

We had a Tangled party A.K.A Rapunzel.  Complete with costumes (a wig for Avery) and enough 6 & 7 year old girls to ensure a princess quorum..

The costume and wig will be making a reappearance at Halloween....the wig was too heavy to wear for the whole party.  Kind of hard to play 'Rapunzel Says' with a 4 1/2 foot braid whipping around the room. 

After spending the whole day as the best mommy ever  :)  doing all Rapunzel party stuff all the time, I decided to take today off so to speak.  A day spent on the sofa.  Well mostly on the sofa...kind of hard to really pull this off with kids that can't reach the top half of the fridge or pantry....but it was close.  I relaxed on the sofa to work on Aidez while my husband watched football.  Now I don't care about football at all.  I know there are a lot of sports fans out there but for me football/baseball/soccer whatever are just a vehicle for me to sit and knit or surf the Internet and read blogs and plan for the holidays and well I'm sure you get it...just relax with myself, some knitting and my laptop.  My husband close by watching "insert sport" and talking with me and my kids playing nearby.


Truly blissful.  And I can feel even more virtuous about my mommy day off when I pull puzzles out for my kids to work on.....good for the brain right?   I love it when they do good things for their little brains and I can sit and knit and watch :).

I have some cooking to share and some tips for what to do with the last of your tomatoes but right now I'm going to soak up the last little bits of my Sunday.
Take care friends ~Andrea

7 comments:

Kar September 19, 2011 at 6:24 AM  

Sounds like you had a truly wonderful weekend packed full of family and relaxing. Those are the best weekends in my book. :)

Jane September 19, 2011 at 7:16 AM  

Happy birthday to Avery!Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Anonymous September 19, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

I'm with you on the sports...they watch and I get to craft or read, lol.

Sounds like a great birthday for your 7 year-old!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: September 19, 2011 at 4:39 PM  

What a fabulous party!!!! They have so much better parties nowadays than when I was growing up - LOL

Glad you had some time to yourself to recover!

Mary September 19, 2011 at 7:10 PM  

Happy Birthday to Avery! and your Sunday sounds wonderful.

stitching under oaks September 20, 2011 at 11:30 AM  

what a great party! love the golden braid for sure. and bonus that she'll wear it all again for halloween. we spent much of the day sunday watching football and knitting at our house too. one guess as to who was knitting!? have a great week girl!

Linda, knitting on circular needles September 21, 2011 at 12:18 AM  

Happy belated birthday, Avery! Do you think your mommy will throw a party for me next year? I want all those streamers, too!

Glad to hear that you carved some time out for yourself, Andrea - and that you were able to do so while remaining right where you were in the midst of your family! It's a nice, warm feeling, isn't it?

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP