The mountains

>> Monday, June 13, 2011

We had a great night up in the mountains this weekend.  With such a late start to summer here we haven't had a chance to get up there and prep.  Tables need to be put out and hammocks hung.  As always I am making lists of things for the kids to do in their downtime.  Running around the forest, playing in the fort, and swimming are the favorites but in the evenings the kids usually need a playtime break and a chance to just relax.  I know you are thinking that a good book and some knitting would be just the ticket but since my kids are only 4 and 6 we went with t-shirts and puffy paint.

Here's a little tip from me.....great project for a six year old....messy with a four year old....

Of course their was too much food.  We did a shrimp boil with corn on the cob.


Jack says camping is his favorite thing to do.  I'll let you in on a little secret.....when my son says camping is his favorite he really means s'mores.  He would have them morning, noon, and night if I let him....but then I guess who wouldn't?

After all the stickiness was washed clean and the kids were sleeping a sugar induced coma I got to have a little grown up time with my husband by the campfire...


No knitting this weekend but I am almost done with my Seeds hat.  How was your weekend?

8 comments:

Chris June 13, 2011 at 7:15 PM  

I love puffy paint! That sounds like a fabulous weekend. Our weekend at the cottage was less about crafts and more about yardwork. I look forward to seeing the hat!

stitching under oaks June 14, 2011 at 5:59 AM  

what wonderful memories you are creating. sounds like a fabulous time in the mountains. have a great week! (my weekend went by without a stitch of knitting too!)

Leslie June 14, 2011 at 6:58 AM  

Oh, yum! Food never tastes as good as it does when you are camping. And s'mores! Your son is right. I am glad ya'll had such a good time!

Charity June 14, 2011 at 8:03 AM  

Looks like you all had a blast! Mmmm, I can't wait for my first smores of the year... :)

Claudia Bugh June 14, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

Hammocks!!! Now that's my idea of camping :) It all looks wonderfully fun. Believe it or not at the beach sometimes we grownup make smores over the grill.

ColorSlut June 15, 2011 at 8:23 AM  

No knitting - but it loosk like a fantastic time in the mountains!

Larissa June 16, 2011 at 6:51 PM  

Your trip sounds wonderful! tables, hammocks and smores would be all i would need too. I'm not a sofa girl - i even enjoy reading books at a table. Grown up time by the campfire sounds wonderful - amazing what getting just a bit away from your everyday norm does for a relationship.

Kristyn Knits June 20, 2011 at 8:27 PM  

Hammocks? and s'mores? and puff paint?? count me in!! looks like the memory making has begun. have a wonderful summer!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP