Baked Oatmeal

>> Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I know I have already professed my love with Heidi Swanson's recipes but here is another one I wanted to pass along to all of you.  I have company staying with us this week and since weekday mornings tend to be a bit busy, you know with school and work and carpools and everything, I wanted to have something ready made for breakfast and everyone could grab a bite as they got hungry.  I also wanted it to be healthy so the kids could have some before school and if I do nothing else that day at least I know they had a good breakfast :)
First you need some oats....

Then some fruit

Put it all together and add some milk ( I used half almond milk and half regular)
Then bake.  When served I melted some butter in maple syrup and drizzled it over the top.
Here is a link to the recipe  http://www.lottieanddoof.com/2011/04/baked-oatmeal .  And if you click on Heidi's website the oatmeal muffins she just posted about look great too!  I think I might be making some for this weekend to take camping.  I'll let you know how it goes.

8 comments:

stitching under oaks June 8, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

sounds great. I'll be the bananas make it really sweet too! Have fun with your company.

Claudia Bugh June 8, 2011 at 9:34 AM  

That looks incredible!!!! Healthy and tasty ~ your company will be so delighted :)

I make a similar baked oatmeal dish when I have company. Instead of fruit mixed in before you bake with mine you add pureed fruit on top - typically strawberries.

Jane June 9, 2011 at 4:56 AM  

I need to try one of these baked oatmeal recipes. They look really good. I'm not quite sure my kids would think so.

Carolyn June 9, 2011 at 7:56 AM  

Healthy and tasty! Sounds great.

Homeowner Insurance

Leslie June 9, 2011 at 1:04 PM  

Oh, this looks YUMMY. Have fun camping! (It must not be Hot As Blazes where you live.)

Sam June 14, 2011 at 4:37 AM  

Ooh that does look good... must try it myself.

Ellen June 22, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

This looks great! I have lots of blueberries in the freezer from last year's pickings, and my kids love baked oatmeal. Love Heidi's recipes too.

Linda July 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM  

Finally circling back to thank you for this post and the link to the recipe. I baked it for the July Fourth weekend with a few modifications. I needed to omit the nuts (diverticulitis - sigh), but thanks to a bumper crop of raspberries in my garden, I managed to have a nice red-white-and-blue breakfast to celebrate Independence Day. Your idea of using half almond milk was great; it helped overcome the lack of nuts in my version. Oodles of thanks! Have a great summer.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP