Sweet hearts

>> Wednesday, February 11, 2009


Last night we decided to add a little something to all of the valentines that are being taken to school. Something full of sugar with no nutrients :) I found the recipe for these little treats here.
A few simple ingredients and some time to let them dry out and you get these fun little heart candies.
Thank you all for your encouraging comments about the cardigan. I was so upset when it shed and pilled all over the place but it sounds like I'm not the first nor the last knitter to find herself in that situation. I am going to go to my local knitting store right away and find a stone or razor or something and then curl up on the sofa tonight and see if I can't clean that sucker up. I hope you all have a fabulous day!

8 comments:

Mary February 12, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Those look so good. The children will love receiving them!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: February 12, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

That's a "sweet" idea! I remember in grade school how much fun it was on valentine's day to exchange cards and nibble on goodies :)

Good luck on rehabilitating the cardi!

Jessica February 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

Now if I can just find the peppermint extract in my pantry I will make these!

Renee February 12, 2009 at 6:58 PM  

Happy Valentines! Sweet treats are so much fun and exchanging cards and goodies are a fond memory. Now we bake a big heart shaped cake and use extra chocolate frosting. :)

Unknown February 13, 2009 at 6:55 AM  

Full of sugar and no nutrients - my favorite sort of food ;-)

Woolly Stuff February 16, 2009 at 1:22 AM  

what pretty little hearts! they seem like they should be made year round, not just for valentine's day! :)

Philigry February 17, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

i still may have to make these! yum! good luck on the sweater.

Philigry February 18, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

i wanted to get to you on the wuilting questions. i really learned from crazymomquilts blog. it is on my side bar if want to check her out! amazing tutorials and patterns!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP