I'm back...

>> Thursday, June 6, 2013

Well after a loooooong break...I'm back.  To start things off right, after all this is a knitting blog, I have some knitting.

A friend of my husbands made us a beautiful wooden end table as a present so as a thank I decided to make him something.  The perfect project to work on if you live anywhere with record breaking temps like where I am....ugh.....already sick of it being hot and it isn't even officially summer.  Anyway I found the perfect pattern for a pair of masculine gloves.  I haven't made full gloves before, just fingerless mitts and mittens.  Fortunately the pattern is laid out very well with a ton of information on how to make the mitts fit perfectly. 



Don't judge the sizing based on this picture.  That is my hand in the glove and I made these for a man.  The pattern is the foxhall glove pattern and it was very easy to follow.  I made the cuff a bit longer then the pattern to ensure no gaps between coat sleeves and glove.  It was knit up in Cascade Yarns Venezia Sport (70% wool and 30% silk).  Warm and incredibly soft.  I have an extra skein waiting to be used for a project for myself.

The scarf was knit by just using the stitch pattern from the gloves.  I swatched and figured out roughly how wide and long I wanted it to be.  I used Cascade 220 for the yarn and the project calculator here.  A very handy tool for creating a project without a pattern to refer to.  I used up every last bit of yarn and although it is a bit scratchier then the gloves it is so squooshy and warm.

 
Too warm to use now but hopefully he will be grateful for them this winter.  I have missed this space and hopefully everyone hasn't given up on my returning ;)

 

8 comments:

MadMad June 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM  

Welcome back! It's always good to hear from you and to see your fun knits - love those! Love the stitch pattern for the scarf, too.

Chris June 13, 2013 at 7:47 AM  

Nice to see you again! The gloves are lovely. I'm sure he'll enjoy them.

Andi June 13, 2013 at 6:41 PM  

Could never, would never give up on you. Everyone needs a break sometimes for Reallife. :)
Love seeing you back and with fantastic knits!

rebekkaseale@me.com September 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM  

I love the color of that yarn! So pretty :)

Anita December 13, 2013 at 8:21 PM  

This is my first time visit and I'm glad you have returned to share your knitting with those of us who are knitting addicts!! lol. Love the pattern you used on your mitts.
Cheers, Anita.

Jenni July 22, 2015 at 7:01 AM  

Love the color of the yarn and turned out so great!

Unknown October 28, 2015 at 5:58 AM  

黑蒜
黑蒜功效
黑蒜沖泡飲
黑蒜粒
黑蒜飲

Clipping Path March 11, 2019 at 3:36 AM  


Thanks for sharing this great post.This is so nice.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP