Happy Heart Day

>> Monday, February 14, 2011

There has been a lot of heart crafting going on over here.  We made boxes to collect Valentine's at school.

We did some ribbon barrettes for the class party.  Did anyone else make these growing up?  Well I already have requests from Avery to make some for St. Patrick's Day, 4th of July, & Halloween...just to name the few holidays she could think of that are coming up :)

I made some small heart shaped treats for breakfast Sunday morning.  Monday morning will be too rushed with school and work to do anything super special.  Thank you Larissa, I saw this on one of your posts awhile back and bookmarked the recipe.  Healthy and yummy and we added the chocolate chips like you did.

I made my Avery a messenger bag from Greetings from Knit Cafe.  I made it smaller and instead of a guitar I did a heart. 


I would have loved some better shots but the kids were collecting bug specimens that day and had no time for a photo shoot.


I did make both the kids pajama pants for a little something for Valentine's Day.  Spider man for Jack and princesses for Avery.  I am happy to say that they promptly put on their new cozy clothes Sunday morning and never took them off.  I really am not a fan of pattern sewing but these were made just using a pair they already had.  Soooo easy!!
 

Last but not least I won a giveaway over at Doodles in Strings.  Christ sent me the pattern for her Seeds hat and the yarn to knit it up with.  I can't wait!!



Wishing all of you a wonderful Valentine's Day and a fantastic week!

15 comments:

juicyknits February 14, 2011 at 7:35 AM  

Those breakfast treats look so yummy. Have a great day!

Kristyn Knits February 14, 2011 at 8:03 AM  

looks like you're sharing and celebrating LOVE in a big way! happy valentine's day!

Kar February 14, 2011 at 8:36 AM  

Looks like you've had a great start for Valentines Day. Have a great one!

Andi February 14, 2011 at 9:08 AM  

I think you have the be the best mom ever! I remember making those hair barrets when I was young. I loved them. THe pajamas are fantastic-especially since they are my favorite item of clothing. Oh and the messenger bag-love!

Leslie February 14, 2011 at 9:28 AM  

You are spreading the LOVE! What a cute curly red headed girly you have! Love the hair clip. =)

stitching under oaks February 14, 2011 at 12:35 PM  

I have a picture of me in 9th grade with some of those barrettes in my hair. I had big curls down the side....too funny! Those bring back the memories. it all comes around again doesn't it. Hope you have a great day! Happy Valentines Day! love the messenger bag and that hat is going to be adorable!

Anonymous February 14, 2011 at 2:37 PM  

Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous February 15, 2011 at 12:40 AM  

my goodness, you really went all out on valentines day ! How sweet :) I bet your kids loved their jammies. They look fabulous (from what I could see) Man oh man do I need to learn how to sew clothing...

ColorSlut February 15, 2011 at 6:44 AM  

Wow - looks like a great valentines day. :)

Larissa February 15, 2011 at 10:31 AM  

Wish i had thought of pajama pants for Valentine's - yours look so sweet and cozy! so glad you made the apple oat cake - it's really yummy and love that you made them heart shaped! Your messenger bag is wonderful - i plan to knit the jacket that leslie knit from that book. Looks like you made the day truly special.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: February 15, 2011 at 1:34 PM  

So much to LOVE in this post ~ looks like Valentine's Day was well celebrated in your home :) I really like the boxes you decorated to collect the Valentines ~

Jodi February 15, 2011 at 2:03 PM  

Super cute PJ pants, and I need to try that recipe! Love the valentine pan.

Two Cables and a Frapp February 16, 2011 at 6:07 AM  

Great post ! I love the little one's red hair.

Ally Jay February 16, 2011 at 7:49 PM  

Total cuteness

UK lass in US February 17, 2011 at 6:30 PM  

Oh, aren't you good. In some ways, I have a lucky husband, as I happily let Valentine's Day pass with barely a mention. I know my kids would have loved those projects, though.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP