Our Fairies

>> Thursday, June 7, 2012

After many months of no knitting....I'm back.  I have a few things finished and ready to show but I thought I would share this knit because it would make a great gift for Christmas.  I know it's only June and over here we are definitely gearing up for the beach but if you started now you could easily have a family of fairies knit up by December and ready for whatever children are in your life.

In April I knit up some fairies for my kids and a couple of their friends.  Unfortunately I did not take a single picture of all four fairies together so you will have to make do with the two that live here with us.  This is the fairy I made for Avery.  With all the fairies I chose the child's favorite color to match the flower case, the skirt/hat and a strand of their hair.  My kids both have blue eyes so their fairies match them. 


This is the fairy that I made for Jack.  My boy is partial to red so a red hat it is....

Here is the back of our girl fairy.....love those wings. 


This is the flower sack in which each fairy lives.  Jack couldn't find his flower, which is red, so here is the purple flower.  I made sure each fairies skirt/hat matched their flower....



Here is the flower all laid out.


So far this spring our fairies have been hanging from tree branches, and playing in the flower beds....


Here is the ravelry link to the magazine that the pattern was found in.  All four fairies are much loved and played with so cast on....

7 comments:

Kar June 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM  

Those are so cute! What awesome little gifts for the kids. Good to see you back. :)

Andi June 9, 2012 at 9:54 AM  

Ok...so those are way too cute. Of course I am partial to the little pink one, but that hat is way cute!
It is never too early to plan for Christmas.

Sam June 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM  

What a fun idea. I think someone here might enjoy a fairy :)
Wish you a happy 10 year anniversary :) xxx

savannahchik June 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM  

omg those fairies are the cutest! the hat, the flower pouch and that braided hair - LOVE!

stitching under oaks June 10, 2012 at 3:58 PM  

those are so cute...such precious details. love the little flower sacks...adorable!

Larissa June 12, 2012 at 7:15 AM  

These are wonderful, A! So good when there's soemthing cute and appropriate to knit for a boy. Love the detail and the wings. My girl would love one too.

autumngeisha June 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM  

Adorable! They look like they are a lot of fun to play with, too. The long limbs are especially great for hanging from secret branches, I bet. Love the accompanying flowers sacks.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP