Maine Morning Mitts

>> Friday, June 10, 2011

A few years ago I loosely followed along with Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter Almanac and May was for mitts.  I really intended to make a whole slew of mitts this last May but only one pair was finished.  The Maine Morning Mitts. 

It is hard to get a 'catch your eye' photo of black mitts knit in a rib pattern so how about you check out my manicure, or at least what is left of my manicure :)

Last Friday night I went out with some girlfriends for a belated birthday celebration and we got manis and pedis and margaritas.  You know you are having a good time when one conversation (at least what seems like one conversation) lasts two hours. 

This next shot shows that the mitts aren't too long and that the nail polish is coming off the tips of my nails....hence the reason I rarely get manicures, the polish is off within days.

And last we have the modeled shot by my four year old son complete with airplane pajamas.  I swear the mitts have thumbs.

These are a fast and easy knit, as most mitts are, and definitely masculine enough to hand off to the nearest man.  Very comfortable and the pattern is free.  Perfect thing to work on if summer has hit your neck of the woods and the temperature is climbing.  We are heading out of town to the mountains this weekend to cool off.  I'll be back on Monday!

5 comments:

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: June 10, 2011 at 7:36 PM  

Have a wonderful time in the mountains! Love your mitts ~ and your evening out sounds like a fun time :))))

Jane June 11, 2011 at 5:18 AM  

I hope you won't need them the whole summer...And don't you love girls night out?

Mary June 13, 2011 at 4:36 AM  

Your mitts and manicure look great. I know what you mean about manicures only last a few days. That's why I don't trreat myself to them too often either. Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

stitching under oaks June 13, 2011 at 1:30 PM  

manis and pedis...how fun! Love your mitts. They turned out wonderful. Hope your weekend trip was great.

Sam June 14, 2011 at 4:40 AM  

What great mitts. Will add them to my list :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP