End of Summer

>> Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So sorry I stepped away for so long.  The wrapping up of summer and the start of everyday school for my daughter kind of left me in a time warp.  There has been a flurry of organizing going on so that the morning routine runs smoothly.  My oldest started kindergarten a couple of weeks ago, we did preschool a few mornings a week the last few years but this is still a big step.  5 days a week, lots of kids, new teacher, a big school, a longer drive.  Just as things were getting really fun with her off she goes to school :)

I find that the longer I go between posts the harder it is to get back in the routine of it all. So although I don't have pictures to brighten this space up or anything finished to share I just needed to post a small hello.  I hope all is well with all of you and now that I am back in the swing I'm catching up with all your stories.  Hopefully I'll have something finished by this weekend to share.

12 comments:

Amy J September 8, 2010 at 6:23 PM  

I'm w/ you, my oldest started kindergarten this year, and I feel like I'm still trying to find the groove :) Maybe by Jan?

MadMad September 8, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

My daughter started high school this week - high school - and I STILL am caught off guard every single year by just how hard the first week ends up being. Every year.

And somehow I forget that she needs new soccer cleats, too.

Woolly Stuff September 9, 2010 at 12:22 AM  

I know how you feel - it's true, the longer I don't post, the harder it is to get back into it... Well, looking forward to your next post!

Kathy... September 9, 2010 at 4:09 AM  

Good to hear from you. Kids do grow up so quickly! My adult son recently visited from New Mexico. How I wish he lived closer!!! I'm behind on my blog too....seems it's the season. Take care -

Chris September 9, 2010 at 7:00 AM  

The start of the school year is so hard! My daughter started grade 1 yesterday and my son grade 5. Exciting but stressful also. Good luck and take care!

Ally Jay September 9, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

It's funny how life evolves into a different routines at different times. Good to hear from you.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: September 9, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

That is a big step! It must be hard to let go and see them go off into the big world but rewarding too. I hope she has a wonderful year and has a nice teacher!

Looking forward to seeing what you have been working on :)

andi September 9, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

Whew...that just made me very tired. You are so excused from being away from us so long. :)
Glad you back, try not to stay away so long.

Unknown September 10, 2010 at 7:11 AM  

Sending your oldest off to 'big kid school' the first time is an adjustment. Here, Kindergarten is only 3 days a week, so I made my adjustment last year with first grade. I always hate when summer ends.

Kristyn Knits September 10, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

we're getting into the routine of school as well. I can remember back to Spencer going to 1/2 day Kindergarten...I was out of sorts for what seemed like months! so happy you stop by and say hello! thinking of you...

stitching under oaks September 10, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

the beginning of school is always a busy time...so is the end...and come to think of it, the middle seems busy too. You'll hit your stride though and the days will fall right into place. Have a great weekend.

Jane September 16, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

I'm just coming back from being away too. I'm still trying to catch up with everyone! Welcome back!

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP